Social Media Internship
Purpose of this position:
The community manager will act as a brand advocate and rep for Packed Party on all our social platforms. The ideal candidate is extremely active on social media personally and has worked with a brand to grow the companys social following with a proven track record.
We’re searching for someone who is an out of the box thinker, seriously passionate about social media, has strong problem solving skills, is a news junkie and is always in the know about what’s trending and happening at all times. The right person will be excited and knowledgeable about social, show great initiative and strong conceptual thinking as well as the ability to work collaboratively, quickly and efficiently.
Essential roles and duties:
- Community Advocacy - ensures that we stay focused on the most important part, our Party Girls
- Works closely with creative team to build out the content calendar based on the overall company strategy while maintaining what is current with our audience.
- Always aware of community dos and don'ts - knows what's appropriate and not appropriate, trending, cool and not cool, to do in each of the various social media platforms.
- Find and pitch new opportunities to expand our audience by being truly tapped into everything happening in the social network and being able to pinpoint
- Represents voice of our Party Girls to the broader company. Ensuring that what people are saying, wanting or needing from Packed Party can be met
- Liaison with internal team members to manage the production of social media content, acting with or at times the sole digital producer for content
- Research potential partnerships and pr opportunities
- Provide social media analytics and recommendations weekly to the broader team to continue striving to take our social to the next level
- College student seeking school credit (internship is unpaid)
- At least through their sophomore year of college
- Lives in or willing to relocate to Austin, TX where our HQ is for the summer
- Effective writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion and a deep understanding for all things social media – the platforms, the media opportunities, the current state and best practices, with an eye toward the future
- Have a passion and interest in lifestyle brands and e-commerce
- Capable of explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences effectively
- Able to think creatively and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with niche and emerging social platforms
Think you're THE person for the job? Submit your cover letter + resume here.
Wholesale Account Manager
Here's the scoop! You're gonna get given all the tools for success; the best products on the market, an established high end client list and a seriously awesome team to work alongside (hey, we think we're pretty fun).
- The confidence to hop on the phone and cold call new accounts...yes, you're a wholesale manager so you're managing existing accounts and selling new ones too.
- Research in finding new key accounts Packed Party needs to be working with. You're the go-to on all the new stores in whatever the hottest cities are. You understand where our brand fits and where it does not.
- Using your communication and listening skills to building strong relationships with our existing clients via phone, email and in-person at gift shows and in the marketplace
- Processing customer orders through our backend system and over the phone
- Handling customer customers as they come up and confidently overcoming objections
- Assisting our designer in marketing and promoting in-demand products to our wholesale list
- Researching and evaluating accounts to understand Packed Party's client's every need - they need signage? Let's make 'em signage. They need social media photos? Coming right up!
- Attend all applicable gift shows in January and July with the team
Who is the ideal candidate?
- A strong proven track record of sales achievement and has a serious passion to win and not take no for an answer
- Outstanding relationship development skills (you're like really good at working with others)
- Confidence to deal face to face with business decision makers
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating abilities
If you're a self-starting enthusiastic individual and a true people person looking for the opportunity to sell the biggest names in homewares and giftwares come join us - we want you here starting the party with us.