Things To Do In Austin This Spring
Spring is in full swing in Austin, TX where Packed Party is based and if you know anything about Austin (or TX in general) you know it won't last long before it's a full blown heat wave!
With this said, we're constantly asked on Instagram and TikTok what we'd recommend doing in Austin this time of year with so many people in and out of our favorite city. The answer? A LOT. While it's not too hot there's plenty of awesome things to do and see. We rounded up a list below of our favorite and seriously fun things to do in Austin whether you're here for a day trip working or a weekend jaunt. Here's the list you're gonna want below!
Patios To Visit:
1) El Alma - We're margarita people and we don't discriminate either when it comes to 'em! El Alma downtown has budget friendly sips with fresh muddled fruit you and even a stiff coworker too will love! The patio here, while only one floor high, has a great view overlooking downtown and a casual vibe too so you can head over in your workout clothes or dress up if you'd like - did we mention this is the best part about Austin?
2) P6 - This restaurant and bar is perfectly situated over the lake downtown and conveniently located inside The Line Hotel if you're visiting Austin. If you're looking for a true "in the sky" patio in Austin, this is your place. The drinks here are fancier than El Alma's, but equally great if you're looking for more variety then a bunch of margs. Did we mention it's nice being able to valet here too to ensure you can secure your spot basking in the sunset while you say cheers? Yep, this is a good one.
3) Bouldin Acres - For the activity driven patio party people, this is your spot. With pickle ball courts, tons of fun drinks and plenty of snacks too this is a can't miss on a sunny and 75 day. Summer isn't too bad here either, but there's not as much shade so it's an ideal spot to spend a Saturday or Sunday with friends. Make sure you reserve your court early if you're looking to play pickle!
4) La Piscina - You know we had to throw in one more mexican food spot. Not only is the food here delicious (try the tableside fajitas), but it also is a great vibe centrally located next to The Proper Hotel's pool. The patio here is small so reserve early and snag a spot facing the library and lake.
Places To See:
1) Laguna Gloria - This historic home and path is not only serene but also packed with nature, art, and the lake. Pack a picnic, grab your dog and a good book for an ideal afternoon here in the shade or on their dock.
2) Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center - The name speaks for itself on this one. Head here during the spring to catch all the blooms in full force.
3) Zilker Park - If you've trolled Austin in any way you've definitely seen pictures of Zilker Park. "Zilker" as it's referred to by locals is an awesome spot to bring your dog, friends, or just hang by yourself and bask in the beauty that's Austin. Note there are no restaurants or public restrooms here so pack a lunch or some water and walk on over to hang on the lawn before it's too hot!
Things To Do:
1) Jester King - Located in the hill country not far from Austin, this brewery, kitchen, and farm make for an awesome day trip to take with a group of friends. Whether you're into beer or just seeing a few animals, this is a great outdoor spot to hang before it's too hot in Texas come summer!
2) Salt Lick - What's a trip to TX without BBQ? While Salt Lick is not our team's absolute favorite BBQ (we have a lot of choices y'all!), it IS an awesome family owned spot that serves as a fun day trip to eat, hang outside, and grab one of their freshly squeezed lemonades too. Yes, there's literally a person dedicated to squeezing the lemons and making them fresh for you while you wait for your table. This spot is a staple if you're visiting and catch a nice Spring day to sit on one of their picnic benches in the sunshine.
3) Barton Springs - Wanna take a dip? This fresh spring is not only extremely refreshing to jump into, but it's super fun too! Grab a towel, a hat, some sunscreen and a snack and head here for a perfect day in the sunshine.
In all honesty this list could go on and on, but we wanted to keep it short and sweet and hone in on the things we think are best done come Spring. We hope we get to see you at some of our faves we mentioned and let us know any we missed too!
Team Packed Party