Internship- Community Manager
FALL INTERNSHIP - COMMUNITY MANAGER
The community manager will act as a brand advocate and rep for Packed Party on all our social platforms. The ideal candidate is extremely active on social media personally and has worked with a brand to grow the company's social following with a proven track record.
We’re searching for someone who is an out of the box thinker, has strong problem solving skills, is a news junkie and is always in the know about what’s trending and happening at all times. The right person will be excited and knowledgeable about a startup environment, show great initiative and strong conceptual thinking as well as the ability to work collaboratively, quickly and efficiently.
- Community Advocacy - ensures that we stay focused on the most important part, our Party Girls.
- Works closely with creative team to build out the content calendar based on the overall company strategy while maintaining what is current with our audience.
- Always aware of community dos and don'ts - knows what's appropriate and not appropriate, trending, cool and not cool, to do in each of the various social media platforms.
- Find and pitch new opportunities to expand our audience by being truly tapped into everything happening in the social network and being able to pinpoint.
- Represents voice of our Party Girls to the broader company. Ensuring that what people are saying, wanting or needing from Packed Party can be met.
- Liaison with internal team members to manage the production of social media content, acting with or at times the sole digital producer for content.
- Research potential partnerships and PR opportunities.
- Provide social media analytics and recommendations weekly to the broader team to continue striving to take our social to the next level.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- College student seeking school credit (internship is unpaid)
- At least through their sophomore year of college
- Lives in Austin, TX where our HQ is located
- Effective writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion and a deep understanding for all things social media – the platforms, the media opportunities, the current state and best practices, with an eye toward the future
- Have a passion and interest in lifestyle brands and e-commerce
- Capable of explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences effectively
- Able to think creatively and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with niche and emerging social platforms
If you're a self-starting enthusiastic individual and a true people person looking for the opportunity to jump and take initiative - we want you here starting the party with us.
Think you're THE person for the job? Submit your cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.